Black Toxic Mould and Dampness


Black Toxic Mould and Dampness

It is important to identify the cause of moisture whether it is a water ingress or damp in order to tackle it appropriately. 

Some common signs of damp are damp patches on walls, ceilings and external walls. As well as drips and puddles, wet and crumbly plaster and black mold that are isolated to one area.

We have prepared some Before and After photos so you can see what warning signs to look for.



The most important to check for are corroded water pipes concealed in walls, plumbing issues, and damaged seals around baths and showers. Also checking outside of the building for gutters, windows not properly installed and roof leaks. 




A lot of times water damage is concealed either by paint or a wallpaper. If you conceal water damaged areas you will trap moisture in the walls that will likely lead to mould. Black mould can cause numerous health problems and is unhealthy to breathe. Some other symptoms are fatigue, dizziness, and headaches. 

Stachybotrys or toxic black mold has the ability to replicate asexually (grows and duplicates on their own) and is dangerous to humans because it produces a harmful poison called mycotoxins that remain suspended in the air. Did you know that Stachybotrys fungi have about 50 species present worldwide.

Black mould is a serious problem for many home owners and quite often is difficult to remove.

To avoid this we must make sure to fix quickly problems such as leaks and flooding. Removal begins with eradication of the main cause. Also we can use dehumidifiers in times where there is high humidity and ensure adequate ventilation in home areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.



If not sure its best to seek an opinion of a professional building company such us Empire Building Projects LTD, we will be more than happy to help!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Constructing Wood Feature Walls

Another success story, pictures inside